Senior Storage & Backup Administrator - RQ_557SYS_AUH Back to join us
• ITIL v4 Foundation or Higher is a must • Experience in Managing SQL 2005 / 2014 will be an added advantage • Bachelor's degree (4-year), such as engineering or computer science.
The storage administrator is responsible for the management of all centralize storage technologies. This technology includes the various NAS environments, storage networks, DAS environments and all other technologies classified as storage technology.
• Engineering, designing, configuring, installing, integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting of enterprise Server System, Storage & Backup/Archive technology and server administration.
• Assessment and optimization of the Server System & Storage networks, through network monitoring, statistics, and daily health checks.
• Planning technology roadmaps for Wintel, VM, AD, Storage, Backup/Archive & Management Tools services.
• Prepares and maintains yearly Server Storage plan, to facilitate new requirements, technologies, and growth.
• Monitors disk capacity and CPU performance in providing optimum user performance.
• Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for server system resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery
• Develop technical specifications and business cases to support new service acquisitions
• Maintain industry knowledge on industry trends and new services ie Cloud computing, virtualization
• Manage and operate the data mirroring solution at the remote DR site.
• Ensure system backups are scheduled and run
• Communicate and enforce, through system procedures, data storage retention policies.
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve issues with storage devices, storage access, and data retrieval.
• Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for storage equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements.
• Develop routines for end-users to facilitate storage best practices
• Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
• Practice Server, SAN & Backup asset management, maintenance, and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers and during data transfer by business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
Dell Server, HP Server, SAN Storage, Mac Storage, Manage Engine, ITIL